Water Lily

Water Lily

Friday, November 14, 2014

Embracing MY Influence

Frequently, I receive messages from family, friends, and acquaintances who have shared my weight loss/fitness/emotional and spiritual growth journey, telling me "LaWanda you inspire me." Because of negative self talk, (you know the voices in your head that make you feel like you are not worthy) I would actually feel embarrassed and discount what they said. Sure, I would say thank you and offer words of encouragement to them to start their own journey, but in my head I wondered "how in THE HELL am I an inspiration?' I was simply this overweight, emotionally labile chick who has learned to love different forms of exercise and make better food choices...most of the time.

One morning while scrolling through facebook an update from one of my favorite blogs, "Three Words Daily," appeared on my timeline... "Accept Your Influence." This post spoke to me because I had recently completed my first sprint triathlon and the support, not only from my family, but from people I "met" via social media who came out to support me was OVERWHELMING. In my mind it was a big deal, but these other folks had completed iron distance races and they were celebrating my "little ole sprint." I thought, maybe I do "inspire" people.

Fast forward to this blog entry on November 14, 2014 (Happy birthday, Ma), I am embracing my influence with the birth of "Running Cycle Water Lillie." Why that name? Well, I asked my husband to help me; he's creative and knows me. When he shared the name, I loved it. It fit my quirky personality. It incorporated my granny-Lillie Mae Pryor (my guarding angel), and it incorporates my three favorite activities...Running, Cycling, and Swimming. Not to mention, after researching the what the flower represents (there are several), I thought it was perfect.  That's it. That's all.

So there it is, the birth of Running Cycling Water Lillie. I certainly hope you join me on my journey and feel inspired along the way to "Embrace Your Influence."

Don't forget to check out and support my friend, Clarissa Mitchell and her blog, "Three Words Daily" at http://www.threewordsdaily.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment